Williams Interactive (WMS) is one of the oldest casino games manufacturers in the market today. The company has spent decades creating high-quality slots games for land-based casinos, and has recently ventured into the online gaming market. There are hundreds of innovative and exciting games in the WMS catalogue. Click here to read more.
Like other popular land-based developers like IGT and Aristocrat, WMS started out developing mechanical slot machines and pinball games. The company was first established in 1943 by Harry Williams, who invented the tilt mechanism for pinball machines. It was a long time before WMS entered the gambling market, as the company did not create its first slot machine until the 1990s. Since then, the company has become a leader in the casino gambling market, developing some of the most popular games in the market.
Land-Based and Online Gaming
WMS has developed hundreds of games for the land-based casino world. If you’ve ever played in a land-based casino or clubs across New Zealand, it is likely that you have played a WMS slot machine. The company’s games can be founded in hundreds of gambling venues around the world, and is best known for its branded game series like: The Wizard of Oz, The Price Is Right, Mad Men and Battleship.
In recent years, WMS has ventured into online slots design. The company’s online selection features digital versions of the most popular land-based WMS games. So, at online casinos, you’ll find games like:
- Amazon Queen
- Crystal Forest
- Bruce Lee
- Ruby Slippers
As a leader in slots design and development, WMS has created some innovative features that are now common among games from a wide range of developers. These include:
- Community Gaming: games that link players across various machines as they work together to earn bonuses and share prizes
- Adaptive Gaming: slots that can be adjusted to specific player preference
- Transmissive Reels: uses a video slots overlay on mechanical reels
- Gamefield: slots that feature a wide range of view with expanded reel sets
- Sensory Immersion Gaming: uses next-gen graphics and surround-sound gaming to fully immerse players in the gaming experience
Over the years, WMS has earned a number of prestigious honours for its commitment to slots game development. The long list of honours includes:
- 2008 Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products Awards
- 2010 Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products Awards
- 2013 International Gaming Awards – Nominations for Slot Operator of the Year Online and Slot Manufacturer Provider Online
- 2014 Manufacturing Leadership Summit – High Achiever Award